Looking for someone to fish with after Level 4

Post your general fly fishing messages here, ask questions, talk fly fishing
Firefisher

Looking for someone to fish with after Level 4

Post by Firefisher » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:14 pm

Greetings to the board. I am a visitor to your lovely country and have found myself primed for a bit of fly fishing just as the shutdown happened I kitted myself out with all the gear needed. Some might say Great Timing. I'm going to remain in your fine country until well into June and am hoping to wet the line a few times per week. I'm in Queenstown currently and will remain here in isolation until the shutdown ends. I would be very interested in Guide recommendations as a start in this area and as I have a vehicle as I travel around the Southland and up into the North Island. After a guide or two, what I really am interested in is meeting some local folks who might be interested in fishing with a foreigner. Albeit one that loves New Zealand and all the fine folks that I have met since we arrived on March 7th. I'm a retired Fireman who's been living on my boat the last 5 years in the Caribbean since retiring so my casting is definitely not up to Kiwi standards. Hope all are well and staying safe in these crazy times.

Dave