VIRUS

Post your general fly fishing messages here, ask questions, talk fly fishing
fraser hocks

Re: VIRUS

Post by fraser hocks » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:13 pm

In fact I saw a that F&G recommend that you don't eat for at least a month.. remember people, no eating for a month....

That should get rid of a few who lack the capability to make rational decisions! :roll:

Bucking trends in fly fishing since 1970!

icthusiast

Post by icthusiast » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:09 am

Oh dear! Day Two and already, on a pre-existing virtual community, we're approaching the borders of social breakdown!?! :-)

I have one question and one observation to contribute to this discussion,...

1) When it comes to fishing, are any of us really capable of purely rational decision making? (I confess that I may not be! :-))

2) I live within walking distance of my 'local'. I was all set to take my allowed exercise streamside. What swung it for me was the request to realise that my being 'off the beaten track' (even if its almost within casting distance of a footpath/cycleway), creates an unnecessary risk to S&R or anyone else who might have to come to my aid should the unforeseen trip me up (literally and/or figuratively). I've never needed assistance over the last 30 odd years of wandering with rod in hand, but I'm always conscious of the risk. That risk calculation - especially its implications for others - has just changed, big time.

Ooops. One more observation... It's a pity it took this situation to wake up the forum! ;-)

Stay safe, everybody!

All the best
GarthS
<"}}}><\

3boysb

Post by 3boysb » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:41 pm

Garth...
I'm with you.
Isolating in Chch with my lady rather than the coast....could be ficking flies along the heathcote river 150m away....but would be breaking Jindies rules.....
Grrr....but seems the decisions made have made sence and our reward will be a quicker return to normal.
A

3boysb

Post by 3boysb » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:43 pm

As a returning member...good to see johnno is still in form..🤔

Johnno

Post by Johnno » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:48 am

Gidday..!
It’s been a while.... I take you still on the coast?
Where the hell you been?

Andy W

Post by Andy W » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:23 pm

3boysb wrote: ↑
Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:41 pm
Garth...
I'm with you.
Isolating in Chch with my lady rather than the coast....could be ficking flies along the heathcote river 150m away....but would be breaking Jindies rules.....
Grrr....but seems the decisions made have made sence and our reward will be a quicker return to normal.
A
The Heathcote is still dirty today in my neighbor hood. Seems that the last work done in Cashmere sub-development the silt traps are insufficient.