Re: VIRUS

Post by canuck » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:08 am

That contradicts direction from Fish and Game;

https://fishandgame.org.nz/covid-19-information/

Canuck

Johnno

Post by Johnno » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:17 am

I’d suggest that F and G are more reliable than a spam email.....

Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:47 am

So seems pretty clear - no fishing - and we'll send Johnno to sort you out if you do - you have been warned! HaHa!!

fraser hocks

Post by fraser hocks » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:54 am

The ministry of health has also issued a statement saying that getting outdoors in your local area is ok. So to say " no fishing" is ludicrous. It's about preventing the spread of this viruse. I'm sure anyone able to tie their own shoe laces, can make an informed decision on what's considered acceptable or not.

Don't be a dick, so do everything in your power to have no contact with others, remembering that if you touch a surface the viruse can be present for up to 17 hrs.

Steve if your seen leaving your front door to fish the river at the bottom of your garden, then watch out, Johnno might start shooting at you :D

Bucking trends in fly fishing since 1970!

Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:10 am

Yeah for Fly fishing we could stay away from others essentially, but if to go fishing was ok imagine what could happen in Auckland for instance if every man and his dog decided to take their boat out.

But yeah Fras its only an extra long cast from the front door:)

canuck

Post by canuck » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:38 am

Johno can't go and just shoot any old fisherperson as that would constitute hunting, which isn't okay either!

:D

Canuck

fraser hocks

Post by fraser hocks » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:29 pm

HEHE gold Steve!!!

Yea that's exactly it Steve. I'm getting asked by many "is it OK to go fishing" and the correct thing to say is that everyone has to make there own determination if the activity they are planning (fishing or otherwise) is acceptable under the department of heaths directive. In other words if you were planning to go to a location outside of your general area, where many others fish and you could be in contact, then its an easy definitely not. If you plan to stay very close to home and can ensure that your going to fish solo, or only with members of your household then your possibly OK. People need to stop looking for someone to give them a yes or no answer on things and use the grey matter in their head that they were born with (or at least I hope they were) to make a rational decision based on the data that the department of health has provided.

Bucking trends in fly fishing since 1970!

canuck

Post by canuck » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:08 pm

Jacinda said that walking with someone in your bubble is okay and that using your car to drive a short distance for a walk is okay. So taking your fishing rod that is part of your bubble for a walk along a river edge path should be okay :?

Canuck

SuperJack.10

Post by SuperJack.10 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:37 pm

F&G have updated their FAQs on all of this: https://fishandgame.org.nz/covid-19-inf ... d-answers/

The information conveyed in the questions and answers is a result of consultation between Fish & Game, NZ Police, Ministry of Health, Department of Conservation, Mountain Safety Council.

In my view it was always pretty black and white. But I imagine this should make it more so.

Q. Can you fish or hunt in an Alert Level 4 lockdown?

A. No, the Prime Minister has announced that the intention of an Alert Level 4 lockdown is for people to stay at home.

Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:42 pm

So stay home!!