Float Tube

Post your general fly fishing messages here, ask questions, talk fly fishing
Jimpy

Float Tube

Post by Jimpy » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:20 pm

Hi Guys I am new to the forum and it looks great. I have a question can anyone let me know how good the Snowbee Float Tubes are?

flyfish

Re: Float Tube

Post by flyfish » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:16 am

Snowbee always used to be questionable in quality, why don't you consider a NZ made Water Stryder? They are 10x the boat a float tube is and far better at covering some distance + you can also use them in rivers up to grade 2, or even a small infllatable? Float tubes in reality can be a pain to fish from IMO being so low and cumbersome to move about in anything but still conditions.

fraser hocks

Re: Float Tube

Post by fraser hocks » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:36 pm

Yea id second Andrews comments. Float tubes are for blind fishing only, which just isn't my game. You sit so low in the water you cant really sight fish, and casting becomes a pain as your so close to the water.

Iv got a Seeagle 285FPB which is fantastic, as you sit relatively high, and have a hard floor that you can easly stand up to fish from and even your feet are above the water level. Ideal for sight fishing lake edges etc.. Iv had it on some fairly rough whitewater and it handed it a breeze

Bucking trends in fly fishing since 1970!