New toy for the season ahead

Fly rods, reels, lines, waders, what good, what not...
fraser hocks

New toy for the season ahead

Post by fraser hocks » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:44 am

Well a couple of weeks back I purchased the biggest and most expensive pieces of fly fishing equipment available that I know of, a campervan. (I suppose a chopper might out do that, but hey whats the chances of getting to own one of those? :lol: )

Being about 5 years of talking about it, and saving money towards, but finally iv got one. Picked it up a couple of weeks back. Its a magnificence condition van. We were just lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time. She is a 2010 with only 60,000km on her. 2 previous owners who have hardly used it, so its almost like new.

Got a few little additions to make to her. A diesel heater arrived this week at the house for me to fit, as well as organizing some rod racks. Both me and my wife are looking forward to getting out fishing in her (wife has named the van Queenie) a lot this summer. Going to head south for a week once the rush of opening is over.

Also planning to hit the NI in the new year in her. Big road trip, and im looking forward to a spot of salt water fly fishing up there.

Bucking trends in fly fishing since 1970!

Jaapie

Re: New toy for the season ahead

Post by Jaapie » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:00 am

Very cool mate.

Hope you get a lot of good mileage out of it and get to fish some great places.

Maniototoflyfisher

Post by Maniototoflyfisher » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:25 pm

Looks great Fraser - big enough for a shower and toilet! You'll enjoy the diesel heater - we've got one in our horse truck and it "makes" the truck on cold days/nights. Only down side I see is that it's big enough that manoeuvring down little access tracks and under the willows could be a challenge!

fraser hocks

Post by fraser hocks » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:01 pm

HEHEH funny you should say that Dave. We went away on the weekend in her for a fishing club trip. I went down one of the F&G access. The last 30m of track had a tree overhanging. I veered off the track as I approach the trees, mostly to avoid the satellite dish getting hit. Well turns out the sides of the track were goop. We sunk almost to the axles. Luckily the rest of the crew were only 20min drive away. A couple of the guys popped out with a tow rope and had me back on the track in 5min. lesson learnt though!

Il just park up and walk in next time ;)

Bucking trends in fly fishing since 1970!