Primal fly rods

Fly rods, reels, lines, waders, what good, what not...
SuperJack.10

Primal fly rods

Post by SuperJack.10 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:26 pm

Hi - anyone know anything about these? Who makes the blanks and where? Understand they are a Manic Tackle brand, but does anyone know any more than this? Are they sold anywhere else with a different sticker? I wouldn’t mind trying the new euro nymph rod they’ve come out with, but haven’t been able to find a review anywhere.

Steve
Site Admin

Re: Primal fly rods

Post by Steve » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:12 pm

The Euro Nymph rod hasn't been released quite yet, a week or two away is my understanding. Hopefully Chris or someone from Manic can answer the other questions, rather than me guessing :)

SuperJack.10

Post by SuperJack.10 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:18 pm

Cheers Steve. For those interested there’s also a nice promo video for the Primal Zone fly rod here, which is more of a euro nymphing primer. https://youtu.be/X8k6VoRs4no

fraser hocks

Post by fraser hocks » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:27 am

A lovely rod that Rene Vaz and his team have pulled together. Built up on a crisp blank. Personally I found the grip far too small for my huge hands. Also I'm not a big fan of the guides there using. Not saying anything wrong with them, its just a personal preference.

That being said, if your chasing a Radian style rod at a fraction of the price then you cant go wrong.

Bucking trends in fly fishing since 1970!

SuperJack.10

Post by SuperJack.10 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:36 pm

I have 5 and 6 weights I’m very happy with, so I’m not needing another in that class, but I’ve been tempted to add a euro nymphing rod so got interested in the brand when I saw they were bringing one out.

Obviously not much info forthcoming, but they seem to have invested quite a bit in launching and promoting the brand here. Obviously Manic saw an opportunity between some of the entry level Airflos they bring in and the higher end stuff.