VIRUS

Post your general fly fishing messages here, ask questions, talk fly fishing
icthusiast

Re: VIRUS

Post by icthusiast » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:54 am

Yup. Hoping to visit my local... :-) Key is 'local, I think. No back country walkies yet.

All the best
GarthS
<"}}}><\

SuperJack.10

Post by SuperJack.10 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:29 am

And given there are only three days left in the season (for most people - I know there are some rivers open in May) by the time we go to level 3, I don’t think there will be any long walks until next year for me.

CHBangler

Post by CHBangler » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:29 pm

Central Hawkes Bay is in drought conditions after very little rain in summer (normal) and still nothing to speak of. There has been enough to keep the rivers going now the temperatures have dropped from 30+. We are having a stunning autumn (if you're not a farmer) and had a fresh though the rivers a week ago. We live close to the Tukituki which is in great condition and has plenty of trout in it that are getting ready to move up into the tributaries for spawning. The main rivers below state highway 50 stay open all year and with the weather forecast showing no change for the next 10 or so days the fishing is looking outstanding for next week.

Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:27 am

Yes there have been some brilliant autumn days recently - the fish will have had a nice rest - think I'm going to have to be in the shop cos we have a lot of catching up to do (why did I open the website!! :)) - but if you can, get out and enjoy

Dave

Post by Dave » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:10 am

Unfortunately the weather forecast is pretty poor down here in Southland. Looks like gale force winds and some rain. Not sure how the rivers will be as they have been up and down quite a bit lately.
Dave

fraser hocks

Post by fraser hocks » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:15 am

come rain sleet snow...im going fishing. Hell even if I don't see a fish im getting out there!

Bucking trends in fly fishing since 1970!

Maniototoflyfisher

Post by Maniototoflyfisher » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:00 am

Unfortunately I'm rostered on next week to work in the Clinic 😭 We've been in split teams having week on/week off and now I've realised I've drawn the short straw! Might get a couple hours one afternoon to salute the end of the normal season. If you get out enjoy 😊

marlsounds

Post by marlsounds » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:09 pm

Hi all, so what is the decision on fishing with Alert Level 3. Hunting is allowed on private land, but not on public land, so does this transfer directly to trout hunters? Cheers!

Dave

Post by Dave » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:39 pm

Hi David
I was going to suggest you are not well, cough, cough, but I don't think the cough, cough, would be a good idea at this time.
I will be out regardless on Tuesday althouigh I still have the Mataura from Gore down until the end of May.
Dave

Johnno

Post by Johnno » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:26 am

I’ve worked through but have got leave this coming week so I’ll be out there.....