FORGET DIDYMO THIS IS WORSE

Post your general fly fishing messages here, ask questions, talk fly fishing
Trout United

Re: FORGET DIDYMO THIS IS WORSE

Post by Trout United » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:06 am

Just sent all my letters to the members on the website.

The other concern is that the current importation restriction on trout meat and trout products gets lifted on the 7th of November 2018

https://www.doc.govt.nz/about-us/our-ro ... -products/

My world has gone mad. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I need some Ruby Red hi heel shoes that i can click together and say
"There's no place like home"

the_skunk_whisperer

Post by the_skunk_whisperer » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:43 pm

fraser hocks wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:48 pm
Took quite a while to get to the page. I'm guessing it's getting hit so many times that it's slowing the site down?

Hell I don't think whoever put this bill up is really for the backlash there about to get?

Load the cannons, and fire in my order!!!!!
Kind of reminds me of "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen" when the politicians underestimate the fury of the fishers. But outdoorsmen in this country are so apathetic I doubt any revolt will occur.

Sol

Post by Sol » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:43 pm

"Can someone wake me up? I'm having a nightmare that I'm back living in Australia!!!!!!!!!"

A bit unfair fraser! We would re-shuffle the government (once again) if it happened here.

fraser hocks

Post by fraser hocks » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:56 pm

Re-shuffle the government? Isn't that just a regular weekly occurrence in Australia? :D

Sorry bro, was just too easy. I was just trying to point out that I hope NZ does become overly PC in the way Australia has become.

Bucking trends in fly fishing since 1970!

TIDDLER

Post by TIDDLER » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:42 pm

ANDY W, WROTE......
but I think that for the time being until Fish and Game present their concerns to us as stakeholders we should wait.
GOOD TO SEE A COOL HEAD PREVAILING .......

THE BELOW IS NOT THE ANSWER TO ALL CONCERNS BUT DOES SHOW THE PROCESS IS JUST BEGINNING .

https://www.odt.co.nz/news/national/spo ... d-minister

TO QUOTE OLD "JONESY" ..... DON'T PANIC !

Johnno

Post by Johnno » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:07 pm

Tiddler you are incredibly naive if you believe what Eugene Sage has to say.. it’s bullshit and spin.

Open your eyes and read the bill.

It’s not panic but a desperately needed reaction to an appalling piece of legislation. You want to sit on your hands and “wait and see?” Fine. Be the usual apathetic NZer. That’s how we got into some of the fine messes this country has been in over the years.

That bill is a deliberate attempt to undermine F and G and allow DoC to do whatever they pretty much like to conserve native fish including removing trout from waterways without any notification whatsoever.

It allows for waterways to be locked up by landowners and they can do what they see fit with that waterway ie private fisheries.

I’ll repeat for you Tiddler the main issues:

The Amendment Bill as it is now written contains several aspects which pose a threat to trout fishing in New Zealand.

Clause 5:

Clause 5 gives DoC’s freshwater fisheries management plans priority over Fish & Game’s fish and game management plans.
Clause 5 allows the Minister to adopt a national freshwater fisheries management plan which prevails over Fish & Game management plans.
This is despite both plans having the same legal status under the Act.
Clause 5 would allow DoC to remove all trout and salmon from particular rivers or lakes, even if those waterways have been identified as significant trout and salmon habitat. This is likely to result in catchments where DoC, Iwi and regional councils can establish management regimes which exclude trout.
The Bill reduces Fish & Game’s right to be consulted as managers of sports fish to the same level as any member of the public.
Clause 6:

Clause 6 exempts anyone authorised under Treaty settlement legislation from restrictions on taking, possessing or selling sportsfish.
Clause 6 allows the Crown and iwi to set aside present rules as part of a treaty settlement.
Clause 6 allows the removal of present bans on the sale of fishing rights.
Clause 6 allows the removal of present bans on the sale of sports fish.
Clause 6 removes the requirement for occupiers of land to comply with trout fishing rules and regulations, although they would still need a licence.
Clause 6 opens up the potential for direct conflict between Treaty settlement legislation and sports fishing.
Clause 17:

Clause 17 revokes several existing regulations allowing Fish & Game to manage trout and other sports fish.
In particular, Clause 17 would no longer require a Fish & Game region’s consent for the release of fish or ova, or transfer of sports fish and ova between the North and South Islands.
The Bill reduces Fish & Game’s right to be consulted as managers of sports fish to the same level as any member of the public.

And Eugene Sage has the cheek to say there was no need to consult with F and G?

Come on!
Last edited by Johnno on Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Johnno

Post by Johnno » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:12 pm

I’ve sent letters to each and every member of parliament. The article in F and G shows you how to do this. If every angler in NZ did this imagine the reaction from the MPs. Even if half of them did that.

Get off your collective apathetic arses pples, and do something about this.

Fish and game have presented us with their concerns. So don’t wait.

TIDDLER

Post by TIDDLER » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:33 pm

The Amendment Bill as it is now written

THATS MY POINT JOHNNO .....
THIS BILL AS IT STANDS ... WONT !!

fraser hocks

Post by fraser hocks » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:07 pm

I'm completely blown away by Sage's comments in that piece! Wants to make HUGE changes to the way that sports fish are managed, and says that there was no need to consult with F&G. Trust me these are the words of person intent on undermining F&G.

Don't be apathetic people.... make the people in charge know your thoughts on this insane Bill.

Well said Johnno! I second your comments.

Bucking trends in fly fishing since 1970!

the_skunk_whisperer

Post by the_skunk_whisperer » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:46 pm

Johnno wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:12 pm
I’ve sent letters to each and every member of parliament. The article in F and G shows you how to do this. If every angler in NZ did this imagine the reaction from the MPs. Even if half of them did that.

Get off your collective apathetic arses pples, and do something about this.

Fish and game have presented us with their concerns. So don’t wait.
They will need a bigger shredder, that is all