the problem of overcrowded waters

The place for all your fishing and travel queries
Post Reply
canuck
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 1:26 am

Re: the problem of overcrowded waters

Post by canuck » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:14 am

Hi Matt,

Earlier you said that you spend numerous days fishing in NZ, so why do you need photo's? If you actually spent time there you would know what it is like.

Maybe you can submit photo's of you fishing there so that I can verify that it is factual.

Canuck



Matt173
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:43 am

Re: the problem of overcrowded waters

Post by Matt173 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:50 am

I described multiple fishing locations in great detail. Still not enough for you? Not that I care whether you believe my statements or not, but below a pic of me at the Hurunui. And why would I join a forum and spend my time if I did not have a vested interest just like everyone else here. Hopefully the theory of Johnno and a few others is correct and now millions of foreign anglers will flock to the locations I described in my previous post and draws the "immense angling pressure" away from those who keep on moaning and whining. It's incredibly disingenuous how Johnno and Fraser Hocks and a few others keep on recommending every single person who joins this forum and asks for general advice that the SI is so overfished and that the true treasures are to be had on the NI. Also each person is STRONGLY recommended to hire guides. Lol. Really? People who spend thousands on lodges and guides and helicopters alone certainly do not come here to ask for broad location advice. Guide prices here and everywhere else, especially Canada are out of this world, hourly wages that are even higher than some seasoned lawyers. I never hired a guide for a single hour and never will. And nobody needs a guide. Practice 30 feet casts against the wind and aim for precision, read through some of the threads on this website and others and anyone newbie or seasoned fisherman is good to go. Some are turning this sport into a religion and along the way make their utmost effort to keep new joiners as far away as possible or as guided as possible. It's dishonest and self serving at best.

I rest my case.

P.S. Picture taken from a nice brown on the Hurunui river near the North and South branch confluence.


canuck wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:14 am
Hi Matt,

Earlier you said that you spend numerous days fishing in NZ, so why do you need photo's? If you actually spent time there you would know what it is like.

Maybe you can submit photo's of you fishing there so that I can verify that it is factual.

Canuck
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.



Johnno
Posts: 641
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 3:01 pm

Re: the problem of overcrowded waters

Post by Johnno » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:31 am

Ooh look a pic of a BIG FISH. And you don’t seem to know how to handle fish properly. Keep them wet, in the water, not gasping on land while you take some sort of hero shot. Run 200 hundred metres fast then I’ll hold you head under water ( there’s another thought) for 20 seconds and see how you like it. That’s the equivalent of what you did to that fish. Hardly the action of an ethical angler.

Re my previous posts, sorry Matt but you just don’t get it.

Re the throwaway Tinder comment- You also don’t appear to have much of a sense of humour. I don’t know, maybe you’re German or something and can’t help that. :lol:

You start mentioning certain waters... well good on you. It’s frowned upon to publically mention waters here but I guess we can’t stop you and no doubt you’ll carry on because it’ll give you some infantile sense of satisfaction to spite us in some way - which seems to be what you doing anyway when reading the content of your posts

The ones you did mention - all didymo affected; I assume you checked - cleaned - dried your fishing gear before moving on? I’d like to think most people ( local or overseas) still do that, hopefully they do. That’s a thing to keep encouraging. If you don’t, please start...



Johnno
Posts: 641
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 3:01 pm

Re: the problem of overcrowded waters

Post by Johnno » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:39 am

And if you want to accuse me of lying Matt, f**k off. I don’t “ bend the truth” . I see what I see and I certainly don’t have to justify or provide any proof of whatever kind to the likes of you. You have no idea what I do with what I see or experience and as far as I’m aware I don’t need to share that with you.
Yup Fraser is right, you are just a little Troll.



User avatar
fraser hocks
Posts: 722
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 3:25 pm
Location: Queenstown

Re: the problem of overcrowded waters

Post by fraser hocks » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:25 am

Yip bro. Just a dick looking for an argument (disagreement ;) ). Just ignore and move on hey? Don't worry bro, kama will catch up with him!

Brings to mind this! :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvcnx6-0GhA


Bucking trends in fly fishing since 1970!

Matt173
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:43 am

Re: the problem of overcrowded waters

Post by Matt173 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:25 pm

a) I killed the fish, took it home as is my right
(look it up: https://www.nzfishing.com/FishingWaters ... urunui.htm)
and ate it and it was delicious. Your epic rant into the abyss only reflects badly on you. Are you man enough to apologize or you just go silent or weasel your way out?
b) Now you want to be funny? First you go full tilt foreign hater, then when some counter your non-fact-based rants with facts and numbers you come up with Tinder and all sorts of weird references, and then you turn around and want to be funny? Let me let you in on a secret: you are really not funny even when you try. Better to keep your license inspector hat on and do what you chose to do, checking licenses. Perhaps leave the being funny to others.
c) I reserve to exercise my right for free speech in the same way than you do, you choose not to speak about specific waters, misguide newbies and new joiners to the NI and make up all sorts of stories how SI waters are so terrible and how everyone should get a guide, which is total nonsense. You are a self serving individual who only speaks for himself. I chose to assist others seeking some starting points after their arrival in NZ. You want everyone's dollars but prefer them to stay in the hotel or pub, you cheapo.
d) Tekapo river, at least the upper reaches are not didymo affected, nor was the Godly river. Hurunui river badly was affected by didymo. I go where the fish are, regardless of didymo, wind, or weather. You seem to prefer where the crowds go and then whine and bitch about it. And yes I do clean my gear whenever I change waters, as I ethically kill fish when I decide to exercise my right to take certain fish home for self-consumption.

It has become apparently clear that you and your buddies are whiny individuals who refuse to look at numbers and fact-based statistics. You had some bad experiences, I believe you, but you wrongly extrapolate to an entire sample population that you have frankly no clue about. When someone holds against your arguments and holds you accountable you and your likes start with expletives "fuck off, penis enlargement, and make all sorts of assumptions about a person's nationality, all of which are utterly irrelevant to the discussion.

I do not enjoy talking to people who willfully ignore facts and numbers and relish in reliving their personal horror experiences over and over. It is tiring, it does not further their points at all. I continue coming to NZ, I continue fishing whatever rivers I(!!!) choose to fish at, I continue to behave ethically right, I continue to be courteous and respectful to other fishermen on the water as long as they show a likewise respect, but when a wanker walks into the room and throws mud at everyone who comes to your country and hands over their hard earned dollars and treats your waters with the utmost respect then I stand up and hold against them. You can continue to choose to behave like a child and share your horror stories with foreigners for the millionth time. Be my guest but I am out of here because this is getting stupefying.
Johnno wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:31 am
Ooh look a pic of a BIG FISH. And you don’t seem to know how to handle fish properly. Keep them wet, in the water, not gasping on land while you take some sort of hero shot. Run 200 hundred metres fast then I’ll hold you head under water ( there’s another thought) for 20 seconds and see how you like it. That’s the equivalent of what you did to that fish. Hardly the action of an ethical angler.

Re my previous posts, sorry Matt but you just don’t get it.

Re the throwaway Tinder comment- You also don’t appear to have much of a sense of humour. I don’t know, maybe you’re German or something and can’t help that. :lol:

You start mentioning certain waters... well good on you. It’s frowned upon to publically mention waters here but I guess we can’t stop you and no doubt you’ll carry on because it’ll give you some infantile sense of satisfaction to spite us in some way - which seems to be what you doing anyway when reading the content of your posts

The ones you did mention - all didymo affected; I assume you checked - cleaned - dried your fishing gear before moving on? I’d like to think most people ( local or overseas) still do that, hopefully they do. That’s a thing to keep encouraging. If you don’t, please start...



Johnno
Posts: 641
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 3:01 pm

Re: the problem of overcrowded waters

Post by Johnno » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:17 pm

Matt. Nope. Not convinced. You are full of sh*t. Misleading erroneous comments cherry picked out of context and all balance. I'm done with you little man. Goodbye

Go on have the last word. You know you want to..... Twat.



Matt173
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:43 am

Re: the problem of overcrowded waters

Post by Matt173 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:07 pm

Convinced of what exactly? That I killed the fish before I posed it in that way for a pic? The entire skin of the fish was entirely dried up when I posed it for the pic. You are a pitiful hater and demagogue.

I let your post stand on its own. It says everything about someone who is totally losing it. Must be awesome to spend a day on the water with you or with guides you are recommending.
:D

Adios.
Johnno wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:17 pm
Matt. Nope. Not convinced. You are full of sh*t. Misleading erroneous comments cherry picked out of context and all balance. I'm done with you little man. Goodbye

Go on have the last word. You know you want to..... Twat.



User avatar
Steve
Site Admin
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:42 pm
Location: Methven NZ
Contact:

Re: the problem of overcrowded waters

Post by Steve » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:09 am

In response to your last post now deleted;

Well Matt, Johnno is one of the most respected south island anglers and fly tiers, though I have never met him, I hold him in high regard and value his opinions.

You suggest there is no issue, yet the figure you yourself gave is of 410 foreign anglers on the water each day - so guess how many NZ anglers those 410 displace on any one day! And that goes on each and every day of the season according to your own figures...

With your comments you do all oversea anglers a great disservice, and it is exactly the type of attitude that creates ill feeling. It my opinion that people like yourself are not welcome in our country, whether that's to fish or otherwise, we don't need you, because there are so many many more really decent respectfully normal people that do visit every year, we welcome them warmly, and most of us are still happy to share our waterways with those visitors if they want to fish, but we also acknowledge, as do most of those angling visitors, that it's a limited resource, the whole world cannot fish here, so there are problems that do need addressing.



Erik Moller
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 8:03 am

Re: the problem of overcrowded waters

Post by Erik Moller » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:29 pm

Well put, Steve.
Matt actually acts like a double agent for the "Kiwies first" movement, being the worst exaple of a visiting angler.
Hopefully everyone knows that he is part a tiny minority.

As I siad earlier, as long as some resident NZ anglers think there is a problem, then there is one.
How serious and wide spread the probelm is, and how best to deal with it is debateable of course. And that is what this thread should focus on.



Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest