The place for all your fishing and travel queries
Trout United

Re: the problem of overcrowded waters

Post by Trout United » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:52 am

SuperJack.10 wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 8:21 pm
Trout United wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 9:20 pm
Unfortunately the Maoris , Technically, weren't here first, the first settlers were the Moriori.
This is wrong. Not sure what this really had to do with his substantive point, but since your first posts were to tell everyone how wrong they were, I thought you might like to be corrected as it’s obviously important to you.

“During the early 20th century it was commonly, but erroneously, believed that the Moriori were pre-Māori settlers of New Zealand, linguistically and genetically different from the Māori...Current research indicates that ancestral Moriori were Māori Polynesians who emigrated to the Chatham Islands from mainland New Zealand around 1500 AD.”

You can very quickly learn this with 30 seconds of research online, or, how did you put it?
Trout United wrote:
Do your research first before publishing data and understand the topic at hand. :oops:
Ah SuperJack.10 your ignorance just keeps on improving :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

"The Māori of New Zealand. Māori originated with settlers from eastern Polynesia, who arrived in New Zealand in several waves of canoe voyages some time between 1250 and 1300"

So the Moriori pre-date the Maoris by arriving around 1500 AD and then Maori's arrive 1250 AD.

Get you facts straight before publishing...…………………………...

Isaak M

Post by Isaak M » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:06 am

Trout United wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:52 am
SuperJack.10 wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 8:21 pm
Trout United wrote:
Unfortunately the Maoris , Technically, weren't here first, the first settlers were the Moriori.
This is wrong. Not sure what this really had to do with his substantive point, but since your first posts were to tell everyone how wrong they were, I thought you might like to be corrected as it’s obviously important to you.

“During the early 20th century it was commonly, but erroneously, believed that the Moriori were pre-Māori settlers of New Zealand, linguistically and genetically different from the Māori...Current research indicates that ancestral Moriori were Māori Polynesians who emigrated to the Chatham Islands from mainland New Zealand around 1500 AD.”

You can very quickly learn this with 30 seconds of research online, or, how did you put it?
Trout United wrote:
Do your research first before publishing data and understand the topic at hand. :oops:
Ah SuperJack.10 your ignorance just keeps on improving :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

"The Māori of New Zealand. Māori originated with settlers from eastern Polynesia, who arrived in New Zealand in several waves of canoe voyages some time between 1250 and 1300"

So the Moriori pre-date the Maoris by arriving around 1500 AD and then Maori's arrive 1250 AD.

Get you facts straight before publishing...…………………………...
2 Things:

1 - I really don't think this has a place on a trout fishing forum.

2- AD is not BC, 1250 AD is 250 years BEFORE 1500 AD

Trout United

Post by Trout United » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:13 am

WiscoNZ wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 2:09 pm
[Did he really actually say anything or add to the discussion? Nope just trying to discredit. Even this is derailing really.
A hypercritical comment their Dustin, did your first rant really add any value to the discuss with your wrong facts? :lol: :lol:

Trout United

Post by Trout United » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:17 am

Well then Isaak go back to bed and dream of big fat trout. :twisted: :twisted:

It was a dig at SuperJack.10 and his information, and if you can't see the irony in that then you are wasting your time putting fingers to keyboard.

Trout United

Post by Trout United » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:21 am

Sol
I understand your views and if you see the post before you, this is becoming a too frequent event to New Zealand fisherman.
What I can't understand is that other countries charge international anglers higher fees than locals and now that there is a push for it to happen here there is such an uproar.

Anyway I don't think it is something Fish and Game New Zealand are taking too seriously at the moment, as they have bigger fish to fry.

Trout United

Post by Trout United » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:28 am

"The Moriori people are thought to have arrived in the Chatham Islands off the coast of New Zealand either just before or at the same time as the first Māori were busy settling on the mainland. It is sometimes claimed that the Moriori were a race that settled in New Zealand previous to the arrival of ancestors of the Māori"

Depends on where you gather your information there will always be conflicting views, Isaak and SuperJack.10, do your research..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

fraser hocks

Post by fraser hocks » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:21 am

How did this turn into bickering around who settled New Zealand? Can we please try and stay on topic people? :roll:

Bucking trends in fly fishing since 1970!

Sol

Post by Sol » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:57 pm

Trout United wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:21 am
Sol

What I can't understand is that other countries charge international anglers higher fees than locals and now that there is a push for it to happen here there is such an uproar.
Jim,
I read carefully through all the discussions (including the totally irrelevant ones about the origins of NZ population). Yes, I first thought back in 2014 that raising the licence fees for non-residents was discriminatory, but this was through my ignorance about what happens with the fishing resources around the world. I'm OK with that now.
What really worries me is this KiwiAnglersFirst movement with their draconian propositions and the political repercussions which might ensue as a result. Very soon you will have a Pauline Hanson "One Nation" party just like us!
Be careful...
Sol.

fraser hocks

Post by fraser hocks » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:34 pm

Good to hear Sol. Yea its very common in other countries to have such a system in place, and have for many years.

A friend recently fished in BC and discovered there that not only have you a lot higher fee to fish but as a non-resident you aren't allowed to fish on weekends. We are blessed here to have an amazing fishery that costs very little to fish.

Couldn't agree more about the hoping we don't become more like Australia, with ridiculous over regulation and groups such as Pauline Hanson's!

Bucking trends in fly fishing since 1970!

Sol

Post by Sol » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:39 pm

Thanks Fraser. Sol.