Late Season Fly Swap

For all Fly Swaps
Wilki

Re: Late Season Fly Swap

Post by Wilki » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:07 pm

Flies arrived, great set of flies guys... I'm actually glad you tied your wee nymph Garth, I have a caught a fair number of fish on your nymph from previous swaps until they were lost bust off etc :lol:

Buxtonation

Post by Buxtonation » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:40 pm

Thanks all for the flies. There are some lovely looking flies there. Thanks also to Jack.

icthusiast

Post by icthusiast » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:46 am

Returned from my annual (this year, wettish and not as successful in terms of fish landed) jaunt in the hills, with Iconoclast's Dad, to find the swap flies had arrived. Thanks, Jack and thanks to all who tied.
Wilki wrote:I'm actually glad you tied your wee nymph Garth, I have a caught a fair number of fish on your nymph from previous swaps until they were lost bust off etc
That's good to hear, Wilki. I've often wondered how others have got on with that nymph. I'm very glad to hear it works for you - it certainly does for me.

All the best
GarthS
<"}}}><\

All the best
GarthS
<"}}}><\

Taieri George

Post by Taieri George » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:57 pm

And as an added bonus please for those in the last " tie in" consider this possible offer.

I purchased some foam tube (gap filler) from the local DIY store at the weekend, the price was a special. So I managed to get 100 metres of 6mm white closed cell foam solid tube at a very very good price.

Now I cant possibly think of how I could use 100 metres when you use about 12mm per fly (two eyes/post) - that works out at about 8000 flies!

How does this sound;

If people send me a self addressed envelope (wee plastic NZ pre paid) with (any) 5 flies, I will return up to 5 metres (up to what I can squash in that envelope) free. There are 11 other fly tiers in this last round so we know them and just PM me if you want to be involved.

What is left over I can send about 20 metres to Steve to add to his stock in the shop if you want Steve. That should leave me with about 20+ metres - or about 1500 flies to tie!

Good or bad idea? I will hold the offer open for a week until 5pm 30th March

George

Kiwioz

Post by Kiwioz » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:22 pm

Collected my flies from my PO box today - (I am in Melbourne) hence the delay. Thanks Badger and to everyone for an eclectic and interesting 'rack'. Lots of inspiration for future variants in my own tying. Will include some instructions if I do a future swap. My contribution was a variation from a Davie McPhail mayfly.
Looking forward to tying them on and seeing them deliver!
Cheers,
Kiwioz

Author: Transit of Fiordland

spider

Post by spider » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:03 pm

Thanks to all for a great swap and thanks to Jack for organising the event. Some interesting flies in the mix which I will try and copy. Also thanks for the extra pointers provided regarding the tying of hackled flies.

Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:22 am

Ah looks like you guys had a great swap again - OK so I offered a prize for the fishiest fly but I think just doing a simple draw out of the hat is going to be a lot simpler for me!!

So I've just printed off all the names - once the other half gets back from supping coffee I'll get her to draw the winner!!

Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:37 pm

And the winner is... Salmo Brown Trout! Well done Paul, so the prize is 1 box of TMC's finest - a 100 box or if you would prefer a selection can do 3 of the 20 packs - let me know and I'll send them off

Salmo Brown Trout

Post by Salmo Brown Trout » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:08 pm

Thanks Steve.
Very much appreciated and also to Jack for arranging.
One packet of 100 TMC100 size 14 will be great.
Tight lines
Paul

A bad day's fishing beats a good day working.

Taieri George

Post by Taieri George » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:56 pm

Paul,
Booby eye white foam on its way to you by snail mail today.

George