A bit of R&R - The Serial Ki... atch 'n' Releasers

Post fly fishing articles, stories of successful trips, write about a favourite place, fly, your experiences, include your pictures and share with the forum
the_skunk_whisperer

A bit of R&R - The Serial Ki... atch 'n' Releasers

Post by the_skunk_whisperer » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:45 pm

Some of you may recognise my ID as I used to write some stuff on one of the other forums. Anyway, I saw the comment from "TIDDLER" that there should be more articles and I didn't need any more encouragement. I do tend to go off on weird angles and tangents so I will understand if my stuff isn't everyone's cup of tea. :ugeek: I do like my fishing but for me it's just become an excuse to concoct fictitious stories rather than fool fish. I really enjoy the solitude and more importantly it's effects on the head :lol: :idea:

To the trout of his usual haunt–the Avon river–he’s likely known as their equivalent of Richard “Night Stalker” Ramirez, but to everyone else he’s known as “Ollie”. For a few times a season, when he’s not prowling the banks of his local with his young apprentice, Olivia, he joins forces with the trout’s equivalent of Gary Ridgway–me! (Though I’m likely flattering myself as I’ve probably an inferior body count). This dark allegiance with serial ambitions has only had sporadic success, but usually one of us eventually ekes out a victim. “Gettem while they’re hungry, desperate, and vulnerable” is the sinister mantra, though such a collaboration of circumstances is rare.

Anyway, “Ramirez” invited me away on a prowl into new territory back in November and below is some of the evidence. Despite being fresh and up for the hunt I couldn’t even catch a cold, despite the rubbish weather and the fact that Ollie–sorry, Ramirez–currently had a cold. Ramirez, despite the pretty serious looking cold verging on flu, brought his “A” game, and probably more importantly, a giant green stonefly that did the business, impaling a hapless big fat brown. Meanwhile, Ridgway snapped away in the background getting a few “trophies” for future self-gratification.

Swanning around before the serious prowling began

Anticipating the hunt

The scene of the crime

Ramirez "striking"

Ramirez exhibiting his expert camouflage, blending into riverbed and forest at the same time--Instinct, you can’t teach that

Fine habitat for an ambush, shame we were only after trout

A swollen Green river out of reach

Peering through foliage, surveying for victims

Ridgway fogging the lens, probably due to his overexcitement. Ramirez confirming this would be a fine place to stash a corpse, and with all the rain the trout-cadaver dogs would likely never find it.

The Darklands putting our predator's resolve to the test

Ridgway going solo late in the day, heading to the mouth in search of easier victims

Ridgway feeding the belly after he failed to feed his soul with a conquest

The getaway, fleeing the scene!!

Hopefully there was something in that you enjoyed.

Cheers, Gary - I mean Tim

TIDDLER

Re: A bit of R&R - The Serial Ki... atch 'n' Releasers

Post by TIDDLER » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:37 am

Hi SKUNK_w - ITS 1am AND I ( a news junkie ) HAVE BEEN WATCHING SOME SERIOUS NEWS . BEFORE RETIRING I THOUGHT I SHOULD CHECK OUT THE REAL NEWS . I FOUND YOUR "SOLEMN" REPORT ON A FISHING EXPEDITION . :D
ON READING THIS , I UNDERSTOOD YOUR LOVE OF SOLITUDE ! I REALISED THAT THERE WAS ONLY YOU - I - AND THE OCCASIONAL TROUT THAT WOULD SHARE YOUR "UBER GEEK " :ugeek: PRESENCE UPON THE SHAKY RIVERS . :lol:
I PARTICULARLY ENJOYED PHOTO Nº 5 . PERHAPS SOME INVESTMENT IN FOOT WEAR WOULD ENABLE YOU TO GET A LITTLE CLOSER AND THUS OUTMANEUVER HIS DEVILISH CUNNING IN CAMOUFLAGE :idea: ....... Al

the_skunk_whisperer

Re: A bit of R&R - The Serial Ki... atch 'n' Releasers

Post by the_skunk_whisperer » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:12 pm

The "news" aye? Sounds like you're a sucker for punishment, you'd probably enjoy a day on thew water with me! :lol: Not sure which has more fiction, the news or my reports. :?

Haha yes photo no.5 fully reveals Ramirez' camo prowess, sometimes I forget he is even there and wonder whether he is just another backcountry character in my head brought on by an OD of solitude. :?: :lol: