Rio intouch single hand spey

Fly rods, reels, lines, waders, what good, what not...
fraser hocks

Rio intouch single hand spey

Post by fraser hocks » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:29 am

Anyone had a play with the Rio intouch single hand spey. Id be interested if anyone has had a play with one yet?

An interesting product as it seems to nicely bridge that gap between a single handed shooting head (Skagit) and a heavy weight forward line. Been using a Airflo Scout for on the 9' 6# for a couple of years now and wouldn't mind having a play with this line. They state it can be cast aerialized as well as spey casts?

Bucking trends in fly fishing since 1970!

upstream

Re: Rio intouch single hand spey

Post by upstream » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:19 pm

Hey Fraser.

Nope I haven't used that line. I did have a look at it when I was looking for single spey / Tongariro roll cast lines, but what put me off was the short 34 ft head. I would have thought the the Rio Salmo / Steelhead line would be better choice for roll and spey casts (and mending) with its 52 ft head. As it turns out I went for the Airflo Kelly Galloup nymph line - bangs out roll casts well enough for my purposes.

fraser hocks

Re: Rio intouch single hand spey

Post by fraser hocks » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:12 pm

Hey bro!! AH you see that's why I like the idea of it. Currently I'm running an Airflo Scout skagit head, which is a 15 foot shooting head. At around 34 foot with integrated running line the SHS line fits right in-between something like a nymph line or similar to what your using.

Im pretty sure at that shorter length it wont aerialized as well as a nymph style line but it defiantly wont be as bad as a shooting head. Its an interesting type of line. It might be fantastic and it might be a right pain, but im willing to try to find out.

Bucking trends in fly fishing since 1970!