Bowyers Stream again

Issues affecting our sport...
John ferran

Re: Bowyers Stream again

Post by John ferran » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:09 pm

I walked from ford up stream to bridge was void of fish for long stretches and not many boots prints around was very disheartening to see

Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:58 pm

Here are some images of the 'flood control work' carried out in the stream, these are 4 separate areas, the fist image is interesting as I know they have attacked this pool (it was a pool) on 4 or 5 occasions that I know of - no doubt they'll do it again on their next visit;

I looked in another section the other day - similar work there

fraser hocks

Post by fraser hocks » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:21 pm

Ah that sucks bro. Some people just dont get it do they? :roll:

Bucking trends in fly fishing since 1970!

Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:57 am

More shop customers expressing their displeasure about this work yesterday - now they are layering the willows, cutting them across the stream... making landing a fish difficult...

flyfish

Post by flyfish » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:21 pm

This kind of thing absolutely F%&*KS me off Steve!! This should NOT be happening in this day in age, but it's just pointless trying to fight it I'm learning... recently had an experience with West Coast Council on the attached damage on the Crooked... despite their best intentions, the farmer simply "paid for a good lawyer and was happy to pay whatever it cost to win"... and he did... the council could not fight due to $$$$ and subsequent dragging on with legal retaliation... so it's just been left... this country really pisses me off sometimes, if you have money, you can pretty much get away with anything you want!