Fly Fishing N. Island 3/24 to 4/4 - Let's Get Together for some Fly Fishing Adventure!

The place for all your fishing and travel queries
jbsails

Fly Fishing N. Island 3/24 to 4/4 - Let's Get Together for some Fly Fishing Adventure!

Post by jbsails » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:40 pm

Hello All...

My son and I will be looking for fly fishing opportunities during the dates listed. We will be visiting from San Diego, CA, USA and are experienced fly fisherman both for trout as well as in the Salt.

I have guide dates in Turangi for some Trout fishing and then in Tauranga for some Saltwater stalking in the Bay of Plenty. Otherwise we are on our own.

If anyone in the area would like to get together for some trout stalking or saltwater flats fishing or otherwise during these dates, we would love to connect with you.

We are really fired up to visit your amazing country!

Tight lines and I look forward to hearing from you....JB

Here is a shot from a Bonefish trip to Exuma last month in the Bahamas...and another of my Son and I offshore San Diego with a couple nice Yellowfin...

jbsails

Re: Fly Fishing N. Island 3/24 to 4/4 - Let's Get Together for some Fly Fishing Adventure!

Post by jbsails » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:56 pm

Hey Guys...

Are there any Saltwater Fly fisherman around the Bay of Plenty that would like to get together this week for some Kingfish stalking?

Steve
Site Admin

Re: Fly Fishing N. Island 3/24 to 4/4 - Let's Get Together for some Fly Fishing Adventure!

Post by Steve » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:16 am

Doesn't look like you have any takers here Joe, one of the locals chaps was up there not too long ago, think the fish were playing hard to get for him if I remember correctly, anyway good luck, hope you manage to get a few!

fraser hocks

Post by fraser hocks » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:47 pm

Yea Joe, this forum is predominantly South Island trout fishers, I think that might be the reason for the lack of response ? Maybe check some other forums out?

Bucking trends in fly fishing since 1970!