Do Some fishing together?

Post your general fly fishing messages here, ask questions, talk fly fishing
Rudie Tempels

Do Some fishing together?

Post by Rudie Tempels » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:36 pm

Hi, My name is Rudie Tempels and I am living in the Netherlands. This year i make my second trip to South Island of NZ for fly fishing. I arrive 19 febr. In Christchurch and go back to Holland 14 March. I Travel from Christchurch, Kaikoura, Nelson, Takaka, Murchison, Lake Brunner, Arthurs Pass, Fairlie, Kurow, Omarama, Christchurch. In Nelson I booked a guide for one day and also half day guiding at Lake Brunner. I am looking forward to my flyfishing trip. I have 25 years experience in flyfishing and I am 51 Years old. Do Some fishing together? Cheers, Rudie

Maniototoflyfisher

Re: Do Some fishing together?

Post by Maniototoflyfisher » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:42 am

Hi Rudie - Doesn't look like you're going to get any takers! Next time do the South Island below where you are doing this time and it might be different. Enjoy your fishing 🎣

TIDDLER

Post by TIDDLER » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:37 am

Hi RUDIE - YEP MANIOTOTO F/F IS RIGHT - YOU'R GOING THE WRONG WAY :P (not really - you'll still get plenty of good fishing ).
CHRISTCHURCH TO GORE IS A GREAT OPTION AT THAT TIME OF YEAR (late Jan to March even better).
YOU DON'T SAY WHETHER RIVERS OR LAKES ARE YOUR PREFERENCE . HIGH COUNTRY LAKES ARE FABULOUS MOST FEBS . YOU NEED SOMEONE LIKE MANIOTOTO F/F OR MYSELF WITH THE LOCAL KNOWLEDGE .
HAVE A GREAT TRIP AND PROVE ME WRONG BY CATCHING THE ELUSIVE 10lb BROWN :P . LET US KNOW .
Al.

joynhappiness

Post by joynhappiness » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:39 pm

It seems like you have a full schedule. Have fun, and don't forget to tell us your experience of these activities.