FORGET DIDYMO THIS IS WORSE

Post your general fly fishing messages here, ask questions, talk fly fishing
Rumrunner

Re: FORGET DIDYMO THIS IS WORSE

Post by Rumrunner » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:32 pm

Hi Trout United, at least you have had the courtesy of a reply from the National party individual lot - so far all I have heard is deafening silence.

Johnno

Post by Johnno » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:29 pm

Good on her..
I’ve sent letters to every MP in parliament. Yet to hear any reply..

Andy W

Post by Andy W » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:20 am

TIDDLER wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:05 am
You're continual ignorance is profounding..........

Hi PAUL .....

NOT SO IGNORANT AS TO USE profounding.

ON AT LEAST 2 OCCASIONS I HAVE BEEN INSTRUMENTAL IN HAVING AN ABUSIVE MEMBER OF THIS FORUM (who's only agenda is to spoil Steve's forum for others ) TAKEN DOWN ! THAT WAS ENLIGHTENED NOT IGNORANT !
GLAD TO BE OF SERVICE .

PERHAPS THOSE WHO LIKE TO POST ON HERE UNDER MANY DIFFERENT USERNAMES and ALIASES WOULD LIKE TO WRITE TO GOV'T UNDER ALL THOSE NAMES ..... THAT WOULD UP THE NUMBERS !
TIDDLER
"Like"

Erik Moller

Post by Erik Moller » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:33 am

Trout United,

I got the same reply, although I' m not "a New zealander".
Replies from others were just that thay would resned to people who deals with it.

Hopefully, there will be enough protests to make an impression.

Rumrunner

Post by Rumrunner » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:40 pm

Hello fellow fishos. Here is a cut from the Ministers response to my letter:
This Bill is a technical bill that makes minor amendments to the current law, the Conservation Act 1987, in relation to indigenous freshwater fish. It aims to fix some provisions so they work better, so there is an adequate toolkit to improve indigenous fish management in future, to remove some old regulations that aren’t being used, and to clarify when indigenous fish can be taken.
Because it is only a small technical bill, stakeholder and public consultation is being done through the select committee, and any necessary changes made at that stage.
As the Minister responsible for Fish and Game, I value highly the work of Fish and Game councils in managing sports fisheries in the interests of licence holders, and advocating for freshwater. Sports fisheries such as trout are an important recreational and tourism resource, and the current arrangements are important in safeguarding the fishery. I can assure you that the Bill does not in any way change the ability of Fish and Game to manage sports fish, or remove fundamental controls such as the prohibition on sale of trout and trout farming.
The Bill was not intended to have any negative effects on fish and game management so Fish and Game councils were not involved in its preparation. The Bill does remove some legal risks for fish and game management. It improves the ability to manage threats to indigenous fish that also affect sports fish (e.g. noxious fish). But it does not otherwise affect sports fisheries. Any future use of regulations about indigenous fish will be subject to public consultation.
I am aware that there has been some confusion about the bill and its intentions, and this may have caused concern among anglers. Let me assure you that the Bill does not do many of the things that have been mentioned in social media – it does not allow the sale of trout, it does not allow trout farming to occur, it does not give DOC greater powers to remove sports fish from waterbodies, change the relative hierarchy of fisheries and conservation plans, or create new Treaty settlement arrangements, nor does it transfer any fisheries revenue from fish and game to DOC, or remove any currently implemented consultation requirements.

In the words of that 90 TV programme (Ripley's: Believe or Not?) I for one DON"T believe it!!!!!

Trout United

Post by Trout United » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:59 pm

It's good to see so many people have been sending letters to the ministers,
It's disappointing that there haven't been as nearly as many replies..........

Rumrunner

Post by Rumrunner » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:46 pm

Even though the cut off time is past for submissions on this bill I will keep emailing until these damn politicians "Kill the Bill"

TIDDLER

Post by TIDDLER » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:38 am

ON 5th OCTOBER - PAGE 4 - FLOGGER PUT UP A WEBSITE PETITION .

WITH ONLY ONE DAY TO GO THAT PETITION NOW HAS OVER 5,600 SIGNATURES .

WELL DONE -- WAY TO GO BROS !

Trout United

Post by Trout United » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:11 am

5600 emails to ministers would have more impact. :o

6 ministers on fish & Game list, total of 33,600 letters. :o

Better still, 110,000 licensed anglers sending 6 emails, total of 660,000 signatures to the ministers. FAR GREATER IMPACT AND EFFECT. :roll:

fraser hocks

Post by fraser hocks » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:00 am

Either way, it sounds as if our voice has been heard. Good to see, and sounds as if the minister got the message loud and clear.

Bucking trends in fly fishing since 1970!