Fly Fishing NZ - Video Clip **South**

Post your general fly fishing messages here, ask questions, talk fly fishing
flyfish

Fly Fishing NZ - Video Clip **South**

Post by flyfish » Tue May 01, 2018 12:49 am

Was a lot of fun again this year living like a fly fish'n gypsy for three weeks, more to come!...

https://youtu.be/3K0o8ufNGaM

Steve
Site Admin

Re: Fly Fishing NZ - Video Clip **South**

Post by Steve » Tue May 01, 2018 7:28 am

Nice work Andrew!!

flyfish

Post by flyfish » Tue May 01, 2018 8:29 am

Thanks Steve, feeling a bit dejected with the season over, but at least we have the central North Island runs to come, always fills that off-season void!

fraser hocks

Post by fraser hocks » Tue May 01, 2018 9:09 am

Nice one Andrew. Interesting music choice. Not saying bad, just not what I was expecting.

Funny, that fish that beached itself after you hooked it? Iv fished that very same spot and had the exact same thing happen. Must be that fish's go to tactic? Not too bright hey? :lol:

Interesting seeing my home waters from aerial/drone angles. There even more beautiful from those angles that me and my wife already find them.

Bucking trends in fly fishing since 1970!

flyfish

Post by flyfish » Tue May 01, 2018 9:11 am

Yeah, soundtracks are a pain in the arse, so hard to get royalty free stuff, at the mercy of the interwebz there! Love the drone stuff, so much more interesting than water level, only issue is limited to 45 minutes a day to get the hookup... doesn't always work...

fraser hocks

Post by fraser hocks » Tue May 01, 2018 9:15 am

flyfish wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 8:29 am
Thanks Steve, feeling a bit dejected with the season over, but at least we have the central North Island runs to come, always fills that off-season void!
Wash your mouth out Andrew. The double hander season is just starting!!! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

I popped out with the double hander on Saturday and did quite nicely (plump rainbow in the smoker as we speak). Sunday was Casting for Recovery down in Nokami. The ladies loved it, despite the rivers been blown to bits. Even the lake edge fishing was slow, but the bigger rivers are a firing!

fraser hocks

Post by fraser hocks » Tue May 01, 2018 10:38 am

Yea I completely understand what with music licencing etc...

You must be running quite a large drone? That ridge line shot is quite high up ( I know that Hume Ridge very well) so im guessing its quite large? Or am I just out of touch with modern tech?

TIDDLER

Post by TIDDLER » Tue May 01, 2018 12:00 pm

ANDREW - GREAT TO SEE YOUR "WORK" BACK ON OUR SCREENS . I FEARED WE HAD LOST YOU .
SURE WE CAN WATCH U TUBE BUT TO WATCH ON OUR FORUM IS A REAL TONIC . LOOK HOW ANIMATED FRASER IS . ITS GREAT !!

LOVE SEEING ANOTHER DOUBLE RELEASE - I HOPE YOUR NOT GAMBLING ON WHO'S ONE GETS TO THE BIG ROCK FIRST ! :P :D

flyfish

Post by flyfish » Tue May 01, 2018 2:04 pm

Fraser, it's tiny, the new Mavic Air, NZ law only allows 120m above ground (AGL) but here my altitude is set at 600m as I'm stepping up the mountain side, never more than about 50m AGL, it's a cool way to look at mountains. I love that craggy range, was hovering above a huge Rabbit who had no idea I was there!!! Cheers Tiddler, I'm here, just been busy, have a lot more footage to cut yet, that was a fraction of the action!

fraser hocks

Post by fraser hocks » Tue May 01, 2018 3:00 pm

Very cool, and a lot smaller than I expected. Iv been talking for a couple of years about one, for spotting the big fish in a run to swing a fly to on the double hander in winter. Takes some of the mystery away from it I guess, but would allow me to fish directly to the larger fish in a run. Sure has got me thinking!!