The Introduction of Brown Trout to New Zealand

Post your general fly fishing messages here, ask questions, talk fly fishing
TheBadger

The Introduction of Brown Trout to New Zealand

Post by TheBadger » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:11 am

Hi guys,

For the past 5 years I've been researching the introduction of brown trout to New Zealand. This year I teamed up with my friend and filmmaker Ben Pierce and together we produced a documentary on the introduction of brown trout to New Zealand. The full version will be released in the coming months but we've submitted a short version into a competition put on by the Royal Society of New Zealand. We need your help to win the competition!! You can vote for our film at this link: https://www.thinkable.org/submission_entries/D85JxV9n Signing up to vote takes 1s with Facebook and there is no spam involved - it's just so they can keep votes legitimate.

By voting for us here you're helping us to be able to produce more films like this, so please take a minute, watch the film and give us a vote.

https://vimeo.com/233153296

SteveO

Re: The Introduction of Brown Trout to New Zealand

Post by SteveO » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:21 am

Voted Just Now Jack.

Cheers and keep up the good work
Regards SteveO New Plymouth

Johnno

Post by Johnno » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:23 am

Yeh it's a great effort.....

fraser hocks

Post by fraser hocks » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:07 am

Nice one! As you well know I was very keen to see a larger celebration of this major milestone, but any form of celebration is a good thing hey? ;)

Hopefully this kind of exposure opens some peoples eyes as to the importance of Salmonidae in NZ? Iv had discussions with some "environmentalists" who have no idea about the introduction of trout into NZ and one that was convinced that salmon were native :roll:

Nice work supporting the team at Epic too! A pity that F&G didn't get more coverage as they are the ones that have managed to perpetuate the existence of trout in NZ.

Bucking trends in fly fishing since 1970!

TIDDLER

Post by TIDDLER » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Hi 'BADGER - YOU'VE DONE A LOVELY JOB OF THAT FILM . BEAUTIFUL PHOTOGRAPHY ! I'M SURE THAT YOU'R AWARE , MARTIN LANGLANDS ALSO DID A NICE WEE VIDEO OF THE INTRODUCTION OF TROUT TO NZ . YOUR RIGHT - ITS AN AMAZING HISTORY AND WE SHOULD NEVER TAKE THIS RESOURCE FOR GRANTED .
THANKS Al.

JarAFly

Post by JarAFly » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:45 pm

Great job, man! Will definitely vote for this. :)