Veevus 30D GSP

Anything to do with flies and fly tying
fraser hocks

Veevus 30D GSP

Post by fraser hocks » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:04 am

Guys, im looking for some sage advice. Iv now got 3 spools of Veevus 30D GSp. I love the stuff, since its so fine and produces almost no buildup when tying tiny drys. The down side (and the reason iv got 3 spools) is that its so fine and the strands are un-woven or twisted so i constantly loose the end. :(

Of the 3 spools I think the best iv done is 3 flies out of each, before it becomes a tangled unusable mess of a near full spool. Any advice on if its possible to find the end again? Iv tried many times and cant seem to find one on any of the spools. Id love to get some more, but now I'm not so sure as it dont go that far if you loose the end after only a fly or two.

Bucking trends in fly fishing since 1970!

Johnno

Re: Veevus 30D GSP

Post by Johnno » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:42 pm

Fraser, I assume you are removing it from the bobbin after use?

Keep it in a bobbin and don't take it out. Should sort out the issue. Will keep the end and the spool well separate. I cant say that fine Veevus GSP has ever been an issue for me? (It is good stuff though eh!)

I have about 20 Bobbins and keep the various threads I commonly use permanently on them, only changing if they run out or I need something else.

The Stonfo Regular bobbins are good. They probably the best of the cheaper run of the mill ones.

Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:12 pm

What Johnno says :)

fraser hocks

Post by fraser hocks » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:21 am

Thanks boys. Will do that. Il order some more and a dedicated bobbin for it. Great stuff, and would hate to be without it, but loosing the end is a real pain.

Anyone want 3 unusable bobbins worth of superfine GSP? :lol:

Bucking trends in fly fishing since 1970!